Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 pm

So from the sounds of that article, the water tribes are no longer separated "Because of his deep spiritual connections, he always believed that he was better suited to rule the North and the South than his older, brutish brother."

That's a big development over the last 70 years in the Avatar world.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

YamiWhite Lotus SentryFire Nation

Title : Firebending Master

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Well Pakuu did say it was time to restore the relations between the two tribes at the end of Book 1 in ATLA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Yes, but that didn't necessarily mean they wouldn't continue to be separated since they had lived that way for so long. I think it would have been better if they continued to have two chiefs since one guy can't be in two places at once and be co-leaders for the now one big tribe. Just one in the North and one in the South.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:32 pm

That's very true, but it's kind of like the colonies back in the day of exploration. The king of the said country appoints governors for the said colonies to ensure the people are following his laws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:35 pm

And then a revolution broke out and we have our own government now xD.

But, seriously having two Chiefs or three actually would be better than one. Two lesser chiefs to be the main front for the tribes one in the North and one in the South and a Grand Chief or something. That way all decisions has to have a 2/3 majority rule... wow you know you're obsessed with a series when you start thinking of their political systems.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Haha I know right?

I wouldnt mind learning about the governments being used in the avatar world.
Back to top Go down
AeroMage
Air Moderator

AeroMageAir Moderator

Title : Heir of Breath

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:15 pm

SADNESS!!! The app is for apple users only! DAMN YOU APPLE AND OUT DATING SECOND GEN ITOUCHS!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Nanka
Earth Queen
Members Councilman

NankaEarth QueenMembers Councilman

Title : The Blind Bandit

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:34 pm

I feel like I've been given enough by just those two characters. Kinda sad that Korra's two cousins are mean to her, but it adds conflict which the show needs.
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:53 pm

So, it was announced that the very first Avatar, Wan, is going to be featured in Book 2 in two episodes called "The Beginnings 1 & 2".

Also, the Korra panel was liveblogged at San Diego Comicon; here's one of them

http://www.hypable.com/2013/07/19/the-legend-of-korra-season-2-comic-con-live-blog/

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Someone did the math upon learning this and figured that Aang was the 185th Avatar and Korra is the 186th Avatar.
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Guys, episode 1 of book 2 just premiered at comicon, why are we not blowing up over this???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Well, for me I'm being lame and didn't pay attention to what was happening at Comic Con this year.
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Click the link, embedding isn't working -.-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftLm52V1y0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Reactions:

1. Wow! The animation looks even more stunning!
2. Asami, don't cry, baby!
3. Jinora being all bad--- and super spiritual at such a young age. Yay, for more Jinora!
4. Is that Wong Shi Tong's library?!?!
5. OMG IT'S IS WONG SHI TONG'S LIBRARY!
6. WONG SHI TONG IS BACK!!!!
7. Well, this is all amazing. But I"m still very skeptical on the writing since they really flopped with Book 1.
8. And please for the love of the universe don't show a lot of Makorra! It's not the fact I hate the couple, but the fact it was beaten to death in Book 1 it's annoying. The best thing about ATLA was that couples and ships were a secondary thing. I'm calling it now, Korra's uncle is going to be a main villain or at least the major anti-hero or anti-villain.

9. Can we please have Wong Shi Tong be pissed at Korra just because she was Aang 70 years ago? xD
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:51 pm

......wait does that link provide the first episode?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Trailer that was shown at SDCC.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:04 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! That all looks amazing!! That music was also very beautiful.

I have a feeling that these episodes won't feel as rush since we're getting 14 so maybe they'll make up for the mistakes from book 1? Just guessing seeing how Asami is crying. Plus we see her and Mako together. Hopefully they will clear things up! ^^

Also no one else freaking out that it's coming out in less than 2 months!! When I heard winter I thought it would be late November. I am very please with this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:27 pm

All I know is that I probably will not be getting up to watch it Eastern Time like I did with Book 1. I'll just wait for it to pop up online with no ads. Meaning, I stay off social media sites until I've watched the ep.

The small post that turned into a rant... oops sorry! Put under the spoiler cut, that way I'm not forcing people to read it.

Spoiler:

TL;DR version
They shouldn't have had a writing problem with the 12 episodes we got. Let's take British short series for example. Yes, they're an hour long, but usually there are 3 - 6 episodes on average. 6 one hour episodes = 12 half hour episodes. 

Use the standard story telling arc: introductions & trigger (eps 1 - 3), quest & surprise (eps 4 - 6), PROBLEM & CLIMAX (eps 7 - 9), and reversal & resolution (eps 10 - 12).

While they did try to cover that with the 12 episodes they mixed in too much unstable character actions and little development. It was rushed and poorly written because there wasn't any real character growth it was a "oh we better have [this character] do [this] or act like [this] because we need [this] to happen even though that made no sense for them to do [that]."
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Well yes short series can have wonderful written plots, but I still think LOK being 12 episodes is its downfall. It had a big story tell and they were trying to cram everything in there in 12 episodes. I still feel like if it was given the same amount of episodes of ATLA then the plot would have been explained better and the characters' development wouldn't have suffer. Also I think they were trying to appeal to the older fans with the romance since during the airing of ATLA the shipping was a big thing in the community. I have a feeling they wanted to make things up with the Zutara fans by having Mako with Korra.

Regardless of LOK's flaws I still love the series to pieces. It gave me excitement and during each episode was on the edge of my seat. Honestly I really can't compare LOK and ATLA because it's a different cast of characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:00 pm

I disagree that more episodes would have helped with Book 1 and I'll leave it at that.

With me I wished there were less ATLA episodes since there were a good number of them that were not really needed. Most of the fans who were complaining were the original ones watching ATLA. Just because we're older doesn't mean they necessarily had to add that in the way they did. They could have done a better job with that. I'm fine with Makorra the ship and yeah they were making up for the Zutara fans, but the way it was written makes me not appreciated the ship.

For me the edge of me seat excitement was lost after episode 5. I still got excited over new episodes because the animation possibilities. Story was forget it. Only episode I enjoyed after 5 was 7. And of course like nearly everyone else, I cried like a baby when Aang appeared at the end of episode 12.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 pm

I am very easy fan to please. >.> I was just happy to see this world brought back to life and I enjoyed all the episodes. I still think it needed more episodes at least filler to add character development like in ATLA. Yes some episodes in ATLA were unnecessary, but it did add depth to the characters and almost everything was brought back from episodes that seem filler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors   LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LoK Book 2 Updates, News, Rumors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2