Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

The Last Airbender

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AeroMage
Air Moderator

AeroMageAir Moderator

Title : Heir of Breath

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 pm

WARNING! This thread is meant to compare it to the series and make critizisms, please do not start a flame war or make hate statements. 

I remember reading somewhere (I think on my ATLA Artbook) that director M. Night Shyamalan and his family loved ATLA and decided to direct the movie for the series. No knowing this I don't know how he could let such a golden opportunity for a movie go to waste. The first season of ATLA is very fun, cheerful, and exciting. The movie lacked emotions from the characters, and the pacing was ver odd, maybe due to the length restrictions.

What are your opinions?
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

YamiWhite Lotus SentryFire Nation

Title : Firebending Master

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:47 pm

The same as yours. It bothered me that they left out Suki and they didn't really introduce Haru? The only thing I liked was the little intro they did which was like the show's.

Minor Note: They actually pronounced their names right. The TV shows pronounces them wrong. >.> But the movie should have matched the TV show though.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:21 pm

The movie lacked the spirit of the show. Also they were rather racist with the various nations. All of the nations don't have to be AS diverse as it was in the movie.

Movie pronounced the names how it technically would have been pronounced properly in the languages the name would have come from, but since the show had it a certain way it should have stayed that way.

The action and animation wasn't that great either. Four (or was it five) earth benders doing heavy stomping and fast motion for a very slow medium sized boulder? That's inaccurate. Most of the motions they used with Water bending especially in the Siege of the North was inaccurate as well.

The game for The Last Airbender was much better than the movie itself!

Also I wrote an actual review of the movie back in 2010... Here's the [link] if any of you care to read it. When this was written we were initially given the impression that there would be a Book 2 and a Book 3. So somethings may be considered inaccurate to what is actually happening.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Does anyone know if we will still get a Book 2 and Book 3 movies? I really hope we don't....
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Last I heard of anything, near if not actually 0% chance there will be a Book 2 or Book 3. 

Reason is because they barely made a profit and received a lot of negative reviews. Paramount will not be giving them the green light for Book 2 with how much of a flop Book 1 was. Also I doubt Bryan and Mike would let M. Night direct another movie.

They (Bryan and Mike) refuse to acknowledge there is a movie.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:28 pm

I was wondering what Bryan's and Mike's opinions were on the movie. Doesn't surprise me that they refuse to acknowledge the movie. It basically destroyed their creation.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:30 pm

I think it was Dante Basco (Zuko and General Iroh II's VA) who asked them during one of their meet ups if he should watch it and they practically ignored the question. Don't quote me on that it was a while ago when I saw Dante posted something about that on Tumblr.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Oh wow! :O

I wish they would give their opinions on it.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:49 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they're kind of bound by law to not talk about it. Also M. Night could go after them potentially on their opinions.

Slightly off topic, but relevant: (Undercut either way)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:56 pm

That makes prefect sense. But would that really pertain to the creators of the series? M Knight just made a movie adaptation.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm assuming it could. I'm not a law major in the entertainment field or in general, so I can't give a definite answer, but I would assume so since they (Bryan and Mike) allowed M. Night to make the movie adaption.

It's like commissioning someone to draw your original characters and then turning around to complain about who the artist did poorly on drawing your characters and their backstory.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:10 pm

That's a good point. They're probably respecting M. Knight.
Back to top Go down
thinkincolors
Water Moderator

thinkincolorsWater Moderator

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:41 pm

yeah, personally i had a lot of hope for the movie, and i really didn't like it at all. it didn't seem like it captured much of the show or the characters and their personalities. i wish it had been done better, it had potential!
Back to top Go down
http://thinkincolors.tumblr.com

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm

If you guys can I highly recommend The Last Airbender game for the Wii! It was better than the movie in my opinion. Even if you only play as Zuko and Aang.
Back to top Go down
AeroMage
Air Moderator

AeroMageAir Moderator

Title : Heir of Breath

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:39 am

Ooh I might just have to check the game out. And yeah I remember when I went to watch it at the midnight premiere with my cousin. I had boasted what a great series it was, and then the movie ended... I was so ashamed
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:41 am

The only good thing that came out of the midnight premiere on my end was that two hours before the movie started. To keep everyone entertained I taught over 50 people the Dancing Dragon. People kept jumping in and out of trying it. It was great.

Though I was disappointed no one recorded this and posted it on YouTube!
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:47 am

OMG! That is totally awesome! I'm surprise no one recorded it.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:47 am

I know, right?!?

I can still teach it too. Maybe in the not so distant future, I'll make a YouTube video.
Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 am

So... remember how we talked about Bryan and Mike not being able to say anything about M. Night and this horrid movie?

Well, apparently they can sort of jab at him.

Read this post [ link ] that Bryan made on his Tumblr in a response to Colin's answer to an anon who complained that Kya, Bumi, and Tenzin don't share Katara's complexion.

TL;DR

Look up color theory and light theory before making a fool of yourself when it comes to skin tones. 

And from Bryan's post, "Normally I would leave it at that. I prefer to stay out of this type of discourse on Tumblr and let the large body of work Mike and I have put out there over the years speak for itself (which obviously DOES NOT include the gross misinterpretations and misrepresentations of our work in this guy’s work). "
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:16 am

Oh wow! But to stay on topic here. I think this is proof that they can talk about the movie, but they choose not to. Probably to be polite? They dont look like the type of people to bash others.
Back to top Go down
Nanka
Earth Queen
Members Councilman

NankaEarth QueenMembers Councilman

Title : The Blind Bandit

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:51 am

When I first saw it, I loved it because I hadn't watched the show before. My friends loathed it. After watching the series, I decided to watch the movie. I couldn't get through the first fifteen minutes because I was so pissed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Jasmine Dragon :: The Dining Room :: Movies-
ChatBox