Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

» Affiliation Request Thread
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

» Is there a role play section or just the pro bending boards?
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:51 pm

» Nation Request Thread
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:37 pm

» 'ello??
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Kaira Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

» Naruto - Warring States
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

» The Forum Will Be Going Through Changes!
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

» WLL is looking for staff!
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Hanasakuya Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 pm

» Attack on Titan
My Discovery  Icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Statistics
We have 23 registered users
The newest registered user is musicxxangel

Our users have posted a total of 1818 messages in 217 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

My Discovery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

YamiWhite Lotus SentryFire Nation

Title : Firebending Master

My Discovery  Empty
PostSubject: My Discovery    My Discovery  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:01 pm

As of right now I am rewatching the series. I'm currently in the beginning of Book 3 and as I'm drawing close to end this series still amazes me. I am 23 years old and this series still catches my attention when I turn off my nostalgic goggles.

What I have discovered from rewatching this series is that ATLA is not a kid's show. It's a smart kid's show. It doesn't dumb things down for kids. The creators knew that kids were smart enough to understand the complexity of the characters. The plot is explained in simple terms, but it's still deep. They're not afraid to use words death, die, ect.

Not only is it smart kid's show it's a show that can drawn in the whole family. What's great for adults is that we still get the need for drama and action that we get from adult shows, but with the mix of the light hearted fun.

Does anyone else feel the same way or have discovered something from watching the series?
Back to top Go down
Hanasakuya
White Lotus Leader
Founder

HanasakuyaWhite Lotus LeaderFounder

Title : The Avatar of the Forums

My Discovery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Discovery    My Discovery  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 am

I discovered that this show is truly the golden nugget show of Nickelodeon. And a bit of that reasoning ties into the reasons you listed. It's not a "dumb little kid show"; it has depth to it. I haven't seen an American cartoon come to the level of genius and depth in a cartoon before. It has actual quality that draws in children, teens, and adults (though of course for different reasons for children).

Funny how the "dumb little kid anime" (hey the art of Avatar is based off anime) is the stories that teach us the best lessons growing up, enables us to think abstractly about the story (i.e. find more depth in the show than may have been intended, think up theories, etc.), and sticks with us as we get older. Avatar is no exception.
Back to top Go down
https://thewhitelotuslegacy.rpg-board.net
Nanka
Earth Queen
Members Councilman

NankaEarth QueenMembers Councilman

Title : The Blind Bandit

My Discovery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Discovery    My Discovery  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:20 pm

I think in the first book it was a lot more childish and not too much in depths, but the second book totally went in a different direction and became a "smart kid's show." It's one of those shows where you have to continuously watch to understand what's happening compared to where you can watch any episode of a kid's show and there's no continuity at all. Most of us here are adults and we joined a forum for a love for a "kid's show." ;]
Back to top Go down
thinkincolors
Water Moderator

thinkincolorsWater Moderator

My Discovery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Discovery    My Discovery  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:26 pm

yeah! i think the demographic for the series is pretty expansive (though i was only 13 when i started watching it Razz). it's more than just a cute, funny, plot-driven and interesting show. there are a lot of things about it that draw us in, and i think for an american anime, it's awesome!

i totally agree with Hanasakuya that it's like, the golden nugget of nickelodeon.

and chikami, that's so true! i think they made an actual effort after they saw it was pretty popular after book one. i think it's really interesting and accurate to note that most children's shows don't offer a continued, consistent plot that works towards something bigger, and this did.

Back to top Go down
http://thinkincolors.tumblr.com
AeroMage
Air Moderator

AeroMageAir Moderator

Title : Heir of Breath

My Discovery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Discovery    My Discovery  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Yes, I was rewatching book 1 this week actually, it really felt like a normal kid's sow for the most part, and the first couple of episodes had really bad anime eyes (lol). But it does an excellent job of getting awesome at the second season. On a side note, it is really sad that a good show, teen titans, got another show that it is really lacking in depth.
Back to top Go down
Yami
White Lotus Sentry
Fire Nation

YamiWhite Lotus SentryFire Nation

Title : Firebending Master

My Discovery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Discovery    My Discovery  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Well off topic here

TT Go is just s cute little show for fun. From what I watch it'squite funny. Plus there's hidden Easter eggs for the fandom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Discovery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Discovery    My Discovery  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Discovery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Republic City :: General Avatar Chat-
ChatBox